The benefits of private jet charter vs private jet clubs
Private jet clubs are a growing trend in luxury travel, essentially allowing members the opportunity to share the cost of private charter flights. The Uber Pool of the skies, this concept has been successfully used in the US for many years as using private jets to hop from state to state is commonplace with large demand from both personal and corporate individuals making it easier. Its ultimate aim is to make private jet travel more affordable, for those seeking the convenience and efficiency that it offers.
Unless you are one of the very privileged few who can own a private jet, your only options for flying privately are such private jet clubs, or using a private jet charter service. In today’s sharing economy, it’s tempting to view private jet clubs as the future, but 365 Aviation CEO Chris Tofts warns against some of their hidden drawbacks and argues that for those looking for an enjoyable and reliable service and a truly luxurious experience, working with a charter broker is still the safest option, for a variety of reasons:
- Flying with a private jet club means you have to be extremely flexible on your travel plans – be that airports, dates, or times – as you have to be matched with other passengers flying to the same place as you. Additionally, some clubs only offer a shuttle service on pre-determined routes and aircrafts, meaning your destination may not be available at any given time. Using a private jet charter broker is a truly bespoke experience with the option to fly from any airport and to any destination, the opportunity to choose an aircraft to suit your budget and requirements, and to have the flight itinerary match your schedule, as opposed to vice versa.
- When you make a private charter booking with 365 Aviation, you will be assigned one broker, who will then be your single point of contact throughout the booking process. This person will be a handpicked expert who can talk you through the process and answer any questions and concerns. Should you wish to book again, you will be referred to the same broker, who will remember your specific needs. Private jet clubs on the other hand simply monitor flights and empty seats and then notify you via email when a seat becomes available, making it a much more automated, and therefore at times frustrating, process.
- Flying in a private jet should be a luxury and not just a commodity. Travelling should be a pleasure, and one to be savoured and enjoyed. Working with a private jet charter broker allows you to fully personalise your flight to your own discerning needs. This can range from ensuring your preferred Champagne is stocked and chilled onboard, accommodating your precious pets, serving you smoked salmon from your favourite deli, arranging conference and meeting facilities in the air, and transporting priceless works of art or jewellery.
- Charter brokers do still offer some great deals. Every time a private jet is booked for a one way flight, an empty leg becomes available for the return journey, because aircraft must fly empty to return to its previous destination and pick up its next set of passengers. This means that by booking wisely you could save up to 75% on the cost of a conventional private jet charter.
- A private charter broker is always there to pick up the pieces if something goes wrong. For example, if an airport is closed, we will find an alternative place to land or depart, and we will pick up any costs to make these changes. This is something that private jet clubs simply don’t offer and one of the main benefits of working with a private charter broker.
- Lastly, and probably most importantly, one of the key benefits of private jet charter is that the aviation fuel supply is taken care of.
For information and prices, visit 365aviation.com .