Week 46 : What’s new in Motoring
Updates and new models appears to be the theme for Week 46 of 2016 with announcements from Volkswagen, Vauxhall, Nissan, ŠKODA and Audi.
Vauxhall announce Crossland X
Vauxhall’s new Mokka X will be joined by an exciting new crossover sibling in early 2017, as the UK market continues to embrace the growing trend towards sporty and spacious crossover and SUV products. Named the Crossland X, the newcomer is as multi-talented as it is stylish, and will appeal to buyers with families who demand agility and convenience in urban driving, but with enough comfort and performance to cover long distances at the drop of a hat.
Since 2012, the Mokka (which has recently been replaced by the new Mokka X) has found more than 120,000 buyers in the UK, its single biggest market in Europe, and this has been set against SUV and crossover segments which have grown year-on-year. The Crossland X is set to bring still more growth when it goes on sale next year.
Nissan unveil LEAF Black Edition
Today, Nissan has unveiled the special version LEAF Black Edition, setting the standard for sleek, premium styling in the mass-market electric vehicle (EV) sector.
Based on Nissan’s existing Acenta grade, the Nissan LEAF Black Edition offers cutting-edge design and a number of dynamic styling enhancements. Stylish exterior additions include 16” black alloy wheels, LED headlamps, illuminated entry guards, privacy glass, black door mirror caps and black rear roof spoiler. Blue-stitched mats give the interior a premium finish.
ŠKODA launch new connectivity offering
Alongside the launch of the ŠKODA Kodiaq, the brand is also presenting its new connectivity offering – mobile online services – under the label ŠKODA Connect. These are divided into two categories. The Infotainment Online services provide information and aid navigation, while the Care Connect services provide assistance as well as remote access to the car.
“From now on, ŠKODA Kodiaq drivers are fully connected – to their car and, if desired, to the world of ŠKODA,” explained Werner Eichhorn, ŠKODA Board Member for Sales and Marketing. “With ŠKODA Connect we are making a digital world accessible to our customers that will make their driving experience even more comfortable and safe.”
Ten new things to learn about the 2017 Volkswagen Golf
1. World premieres: Volkswagen presents the updated 2 and 4-door Golf as well as the Golf GTI, Golf GTE and Golf Variant.
2. The “Discover Pro” infotainment system with gesture control sees the interface of the future make its debut in the compact class.
3. The complete range of infotainment systems has been redesigned and fitted with larger touchscreens.
4. Range of online services expanded; “Guide & Inform” as well as “Security & Service” for models with a navigation system.
5. The spectrum of assistance systems in the Golf democratises progress, featuring Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist for the first time.
6. New generation of TSIs: 1.5 TSI Evo with 110 kW/150 PS and Active Cylinder Management makes its debut in the Golf.
7. Added performance for the Golf GTI: 169 kW/230 PS for the standard version and 180 kW/245 PS for the GTI Performance.
8. Newly developed 7-speed dual clutch gearbox (DSG) will gradually replace all 6-speed DSGs for the Golf.
9. Front and rear sections with new bumpers. Full LED tail lights; animated indicators for the top-of-the-range version.
10. Brand new LED headlights replace all Xenon headlights for the 2017 model year Golf and Golf Variant.
Audi offer new Black Edition to 6 models
Audi design is even more becoming in black – this appears to be the opinion of an ever increasing number of UK customers choosing Black Edition versions of their preferred Audi model, prompting more widespread integration of the dark tinted specification option to include the latest A3 and S3, TT and TT Roadster, S6 and S7 Sportback models. Available from this month, these new variants join the first ever Black Edition version of the Q3 compact SUV, which has also just come on stream.