Whether using inky denim tones or a fresh sky feel, blue is quickly becoming one of the trending colours of the year.
The hashtag #blueinteriors has nearly 60,000 posts on Instagram alone, prompting Prestigious Textiles to take a deeper look into the colour that is growing with popularity.
With a reported 30 million Brits opting to staycation this summer, head designer Marie Goodwin is hoping to inspire those staying in the UK to bring the colours of the Mediterranean into the home.
Exploring the versatility of Mediterranean blues, Marie discusses below why blue is so expressive and how to introduce it into your home.
- Blue encourages a calming environment and evokes feelings of serenity. Taking inspiration from tranquil oceans, exotic beaches and an infinite sky can relax both the people and the space.
- It’s a versatile colour that pairs beautifully with a range of yellows, greens and pinks. Plus, it aligns with black, white and gold with ease.
- Marie adds; whilst holidays have been uncertain for many, blue is one of the colours associated with going abroad, making it the perfect time to embrace tropical interiors and bring the holiday to the living room.
How to use it?
- There are many different shades and tints of blue to use. From deep sapphire to aqua, each varying tone can add a completely different feel to a room. Explore different colour palettes to find the one that is most harmonious to your personality and interior.
- Marie recommends using a mixture of tones and textures to vary a block blue scheme. Although it works well as a single colour, there are so many subtleties to explore to add layers to the décor. Blue accessories such as cushions and curtains can give a space an instant lift, whilst patterns can make for both show-stopping and covert features.
- Rich sunny yellows and cobalt blues pair perfectly, giving off bursts of optimism and confidence throughout the home.
- To further the holiday feel, combine tropical landscapes with blues and explore global influences such as the Caribbean.