Salcombe most expensive for seaside homes in UK
The picturesque Salcombe in Devon has been crowned as Britain’s most expensive seaside town to buy a property.
A recent survey of house prices in 196 seaside towns across the UK by Halifax found that with a typical value of £672,874, homes in Salcombe are the most expensive.
Salcombe offers visitors and local residents golden sandy beaches, a fantastic estuary for sailing and other water sports and stunning scenery.
Sandbanks in Dorset was named as the country’s second costliest seaside town, with the average home costing £614,726.
Aldeburgh in East Anglia took third spot on £413,393, followed by Lymington (£404,781) in fourth and Dartmouth (£403,767), another Devon town, in fifth.
The 10 most expensive seaside towns in Britain
1. Salcombe, South West, £672,874
2. Sandbanks, South West, £614,726
3. Aldeburgh, East Anglia, £413,393
4. Lymington, South East, £404,781
5. Dartmouth, South West, £403,767
6. Padstow, South West, £387,109
7. Lyme Regis, South West, £343,604
8. Budleigh Salterton, South West, £342,442
9. Bigbury on Sea, South West, £333,626
10. East Wittering, South East, £330,146
Main image above copyright: FreeImages.com/Victoria Clare