Beauty News: NARS Cosmetics unveils details of collection with photographer Steven Klein
NARS Cosmetics has revealed further details of its upcoming limited edition colour collection with photographer Steven Klein – and we, for one, can hardly wait to get our hands on it.
The exciting new collaboration set tongues wagging back in June, when the brand’s legendary founder François Nars joined forces with iconic fashion photographer Steven to celebrate the colour-filled project. With a memorably extravagant party bringing together top models, drag queens and the like at New York’s Alder Manor, it was clear that the new collection was set to be very special indeed.
Four months later, the range of lipsticks, glosses, blushes, palettes, and more is imminent, with the bold colors and alluring imagery that push aesthetic boundaries leaving us hanging on the edges of our seats.
For those of you who can’t wait to see what’s in store, details of the full collection have now emerged, and it has been confirmed that it is set to feature several shades of the Limited Edition Killer Shine Lipstick (£20), including Besame Mucho (deep rose-beige), No Shame (red plum) and Redemption (metallic pink champagne). The Limited Edition Killer Shine Lip Gloss (£19) – a fully-loaded gloss with a new vinyl-finish formula – will also feature, in shades Provoke (deep iris-purple), Fast Life (iridescent dusty rose) and Special Force (wild strawberry).
Eyes are also well catered for, with Single Eyeshadows (£18), available in Mortal (iridescent pearl white), Stud (soft pewter bronze) and Never Too Late (olive green with gold shimmer).
On the nail front, three shades of Nail Polish (£15) known as Black Fire, Hard To Get and Night Creature will all be on sale.
And rounding off the selection of individual products is the Dual Intensity Blush (£30) in Vengeful (white-gold highlight and shimmering brick-red).
The collection also comprises a variety of gifts which will be available at department stores only (as well as narscosmetics.co.uk).
Keen to plan your Christmas shopping? Then here’s the list in full:
– Despair Cheek Palette (£45), a four-part blush palettes of pinks and blushing bares
– Dead Of Summer Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Palette (£35), which comprises four wet/dry Dual-Intensity Eyeshadows
– Magnificent Obsession Red Lip Set (£29), which includes Lipstick, Matte Lip Pencil and Lip Liner in the crimson shade
– A Woman’s Face Nude Lip Set (£29), including Lip Liner, Matte Lip Pencil and Lipstick in a nude colour palette
– Tearjerker Eye Set (£30), offering the Audacious Mascara and emerald and sapphire Liners
– Humoresque Audacious Lipstick Coffret (£130), an exclusive to Selfridges that includes five shades of Audacious Lipstick in nude, pink and bold hues.
– An Abnormal Female Lip Pencil Coffret (£45), which includes three Velvet Matte Lip Pencils and Full Service Mini Kabuki Brush Set (£65), both exclusive to the NARS x Steven Klein pop-up store and online.
– One Shocking Moment Cheek Studio Palette (£49), featuring seven shades: four blushes, a contouring duo and Laguna bronzer (exclusively available at Space NK)
– Killer Heels Mini Lipstick Set (£29), including five soft-to-striking shades.
The entire collection launches nationwide on November 1st.