A luxury travel guide to Budapest
Budapest is a destination best seen from the comfort of opulence. After all, the magical European city is known for its luxurious qualities from thermal baths to awe-inspiring architecture and natural hot-spring spas that encourage a quiet pace of life. Furthermore, unlike cities such as New York or Paris, Budapest’s richness can be accessed without denting your wallet.
Take advantage of the oldest and most historical cities in Europe with Budapest tours for a chance to explore the treasured nooks and crannies like a local. Whether you prefer to rule the Hungarian capital by shopping at the luxury boutique stores or tasting your way through award- winning cuisine like a modern-day Marie Antoinette, Budapest delivers on all occasions.
When to go
The best time to go to Budapest is when the temperatures are warm, which is between April and September. One can also plan their trip to enjoy the Sziget Festival which is held every August and is the largest music festivals in Europe.
Where to stay
While there are many options for luxury travelers, we recommend The Kempinski Hotel Corvinus. Baltazar Budapest, a boutique hotel with a unique character and a quirky design. Some other great options include Buddha Bar Hotel, New York Palace Boscolo Hotel and St. George Residence Hotel.
Eat, drink and shop
Central Market Hall serves an extensive range of Hungarian specialties. One can enjoy excellent appetizers here as well as traditional dishes such as kolbasz, toltott kaposzta, and a variety of soups, stews, and broths. Definitely try Hungarian pizza which is topped with sour cream and meat, it’s a game changer. If you are looking for a homely dining experience along with traditional music, then visit Hungarikum Bisztro or Onyx for an eight-course menu plus imaginative cocktails. As for luxury shopping, Andrassy Avenue is considered the best and has all our favorites from Burberry to Michael Kors, Louis Vuitton and more.
What to do and see
Take one of those luxury Budapest tours to explore the magnificent panorama of the city and its most notable sights. Considered a photogenic city, you will want to check out the Instagram worth photo spots that are a delight for all sorts of travelers.
• Cruise on the Danube for a luxurious sightsee excursion including the major historical sights of the city. You will feel completely relaxed as you relish those remarkable views along the river and enjoy a 3-course dinner to the background of live music.
• Get a birds-eye view of the city at the Budapest Eye where you can see the city’s layout, major landmarks, and Danube River.
• Budapest is the goddess of spas and thermal baths. Some of the most recommended spa facilities include the Gellért bath, SenSpa Massage, and OrientCare Day Spa.
• The recently renovated Várkert Bazár is a delightful experience to stroll through the market. Built in a neo-renaissance style, Várkert Bazar leads to the Royal Palace.
• Other spots that are not to be missed include Buda Castle, The Great Synagogue and the city’s largest park, the City Park. Enjoy activities like skating and sailing in the City Park and explore the Jewish houses of worship at the Great Synagogue.
• Another major attraction is Fisherman’s Bastion, from where one can get a fascinating view over the Danube. Keep your camera ready to capture some of the most enviable Instagram snaps that are sure to make everyone jealous!
• Spend a day exploring the historic Castle District that is loaded with popular sights and attractions like the Matthias Church and Royal Palace. Follow those crooked streets lined with interesting museums, cafés, and restaurants.
• Buda Castle is another major attraction for tourists, and several festivals and events are organized in the courtyards. The castle is easily visible from the city and dominates the skyline.
• Take a break at the Book Café in the Alexandra Bookshop. Enjoy great coffee and pastries along with fresco-style ceiling and impressive artwork of Karoly Lotz.