Priority Pass reveals winners of Global Airport Lounge of the Year Awards
Priority Pass, the leading airport experiences program has revealed the winners of its Global Airport Lounge of the Year Awards.
Now in its 14th year, the awards are based on the ratings of 52,000 Priority Pass Members and recognize airport lounges offering the best service, experience, refreshments and business facilities.
The Priority Pass’ lounge portfolio has grown by 10% in the last year and now incorporates over 1,200 lounges in more than 500 cities globally, across 143 countries.
Global winner – 2019
The Sala VIP Internacional, operated by Corporación Quiport, at Quito International Airport in Ecuador, the main gateway into the country and the only greenfield airport in South America.
Sala VIP Internacional’s main highlight is the outdoor terrace with panoramic views of the city. The interiors have distinguished locally sourced furnishings providing a luxurious and cultural feel.
The lounge menu is a mix of local and international meals, designed by local chef Andrés Miño. This modern and elegant lounge is open around the clock and features private working spaces, dedicated sleeping areas, a massage room, and showers for guests to refresh themselves before a long flight or during a layover.
Middle East and Africa Region Winner
The Ahlan Lounge at B, Terminal 3 in Dubai International Airport has been crowned the top lounge in the region. The Ahlan Lounge at B, with it’s Arabian interiors in few spots, provides the perfect oasis for passengers transiting through the airport.
The lounge offers buffet dining with traditional Arabic dishes as well as a wide variety of international food freshly prepared by head chef, Sathish Raju.
The Marhaba Lounge at Terminal 3, Concourse A, also in Dubai International Airport, was announced as the runner up in the region, taking home the “Highly Commended” award.
- Primeclass Riga Business Lounge, Terminal E, Riga International Airport, Latvia
- Highly Commended: Northern Lights Executive Lounge, Aberdeen International Airport, United Kingdom
- Lounge 19, Terminal 1, Mexico City Benito Juarez International Airport, Mexico
- Highly Commended: The Club MCO, Terminal B, Concourse 4, Orlando FL International Airport, United States
- The Miracle First Class Lounge at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand
- Highly Commended: SATS Premier Lounge, Terminal 3, Singapore Changi International Airport, Singapore
Latin America and The Caribbean
- Highly Commended: Eldorado Lounge, Terminal 1, Bogota El Dorado International Airport, Colombia
Main image – The Ahlan Lounge at B, Terminal 3 in Dubai International Airport