Nothing says autumn quite like sipping on a pumpkin spice latte which, according to CNBC, is Starbucks’ most popular seasonal drink.
If you love this warming flavoured coffee and you want to learn how to make it for yourself at home, take a look at ZWILLING’s simple recipe below that incorporates various warming spices with fresh pumpkin, espresso and cream for a hot beverage that is a must try.
Ingredients – for two 355ml glasses
1/2 Hokkadio pumpkin
1 pinch of nutmeg
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 pinch of ground cloves
2 double espressos
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Wash the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut into cubes.
2. Gently stew in a small, covered pot of salt water for around 10 minutes.
3. Pour off the water, finely puree the diced pumpkin and season with nutmeg.
4. Pour the milk into a suitable pot and add the honey, vanilla extract, ginger and cloves and slowly heat whilst stirring. At the same time, make two double espressos, beat the cream until stiff, and add it to a piping bag.
5. Finish by removing the milk from the hob, stirring in 8 tbsp. of pumpkin puree and the espresso.
6. Pour the pumpkin spice latte into two glasses, pipe the cream on top and sprinkle with ground cinnamon to taste.