Fondue season is fast approaching, and so to celebrate, here is a delicious, dippy recipe by award-winning cheese producers, Snowdonia Cheese. Enjoy their strong Black Bomber cheddar that’s balanced with a classic gooey comte, and it gets even better with a splash of Fortnum’s dry cider.
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 30 minutes
200g Black Bomber, grated or crumbled
200g Comte grated
1 tablespoon cornflour
190ml Fortnum’s Devon Vintage Cider
Freshly ground black pepper
Freshly ground nutmeg
1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
Special equipment: Swiss Fondue Set by VonShef
1. Place grated cheeses in large bowl and toss in cornflour making sure all cheese is evenly coated. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
2. Warm up the cider in a non-stick pan until hot. Gradually add the cheese, whisking constantly.
3. When all the cheese has been added, bring to a gentle bubble and whisk until smooth and glossy.
4. Rub the garlic around your fondue dish and discard.
5. Pour in your fondue and serve immediately. Keep fondue warm to stop it getting too thick.
6. Serve with crusty sourdough bread, crisp chunks of apple and a selection of your favourite pickles.